Mission and Philosophy
The Rosalynn Carter Institute for Caregiving establishes local, state, national, and international partnerships committed to building quality, long-term, home and community-based services. We believe this begins with providing caregivers with effective supports to promote caregiver health, skills and resilience. We also believe strongly in the need to provide greater recognition for professional and family caregivers. We focus on helping caregivers coping with chronic illness and disability across the lifespan.
RCI overall goal is to support caregivers – both family and professional – through efforts of advocacy, education, research, and service.
• Reinforce the need for caregivers and the need to support those that give care at local, state, national, and international levels.
• Advocate for the uptake of evidence-based research to address the strain and burdens associated with family, volunteer and professional caregiving.
• Develop caregiving curriculum for multiple levels of educational need.
• Provide scholarship opportunities for both individuals in the caregiving field and family caregivers interested in obtaining skill and knowledge for their caregiving situation.
• Provide training and certification in selected evidence-based caregiver programs.
• Provide technical assistance related to translational research targeting evidence-based caregiver programs.
• Contribute to the caregiving field through collaborative partnerships that invest in and support caregiving research.
• Provide caregiver support to individuals through education and advocacy through local, state, and national partnerships.
Georgia Southwestern State University Mission Statement
Georgia Southwestern State University cultivates excellence in learning and teaching that encourages intellectual, personal, and social growth for students, faculty, staff, and the community. Georgia Southwestern State University is a comprehensive state university within the University System of Georgia that offers a full range of bachelor degree programs, along with selected master’s and specialist degree programs.