RCI in the News
- Rosalynn Carter Institute Hosts National Conversation on Caregiving - ATLANTA, GA – Today, the Rosalynn Carter Institute for Caregiving (RCI) convened “Caregiving in the 21st Century: A National Conversation” at the Carter Center in Atlanta, Georgia. Bringing together advocates, philanthropists, business leaders, and others, RCI is reinvigorating the conversation around caregiving and shining a spotlight on the emerging public health crisis caregivers face every […]
- Rosalynn Carter Institute to Honor Extraordinary Georgia Caregivers at 2019 Caregiver of the Year Awards - AMERICUS, GA – The Rosalynn Carter Institute for Caregiving (RCI) honored the work of Georgia’s extraordinary caregivers at RCI’s 2019 Caregiver of the Year Awards Ceremony. Former First Lady Rosalynn Carter presented this year’s awards to three caregivers who have gone above and beyond their call of duty: Family Caregiver: Beth Thompson, Atlanta, GA Para-professional […]
- Bob Woodruff Foundation and Qatar Harvey Fund Support Expansion of Operation Family Caregiver into Texas Gulf Coast - Americus, GA – The Rosalynn Carter Institute for Caregiving (RCI) announced today that its signature military caregiving program, Operation Family Caregiver (OFC), will serve military families in the Gulf Coast of Texas, an area still recovering from the impact of Hurricane Harvey, which struck with astounding force in August 2017. OFC provides support to the families of returning service […]
- Op-ed from Rosalynn Carter: Ask 2020 candidates for their agenda on family caregiving - As you prepare to interview and evaluate the next set of presidential candidates, I ask you to help me shine a spotlight on the more than 40 million Americans and over 300,000 Iowans who are family caregivers. You may not be one, but you most certainly know one.
- Delaware Adopts Rosalynn Carter Institute’s Alzheimer’s Caregiver Support Program - Americus, GA – The Rosalynn Carter Institute for Caregiving (RCI) is pleased to announce a multi-year agreement with the state of Delaware to bring the Resources Enhancing Alzheimer’s Caregiver Health (REACH) program to caregivers in the state. Through the Delaware Division of Services for Aging and Adults with Disabilities (DSAAPD), the RCI-REACH program will offer […]