HFC (Hilarity For Charity)
We are excited to partner with HFC to provide a unique combination of family caregiver supports.
Participants in this free pilot program, going on now, have access to six months of virtual coaching and support through the Resources Enhancing Alzheimer’s Caregiver Health (REACH) program. Data collected from this project will help RCI and HFC strengthen their program offerings, making them as effective as possible.
REACH care coaches equip family caregivers with problem-solving and stress management skills. Care coaches work with caregivers to help them manage care-related challenges and coach them – via phone, video chat or email – how to identify stress and healthy ways to manage it.
Program participants all meet the following criteria:
- Are providing care for a family member or friend with dementia.
- Are the primary care provider for their family member or friend with dementia. If not the primary care provider, at least providing a minimum of 4 hours of care a week.
- Have no plans to place their family member or friend in an assisted living facility or nursing home within 6 months.
- Are able to participate in a virtual program.
- Reside in the United States.
HFC’s In-Home Care Grant program provides exceptional in-home care relief to families affected by Alzheimer’s, giving the primary caregiver support, rest and respite. Respite grants to eligible caregivers are limited in number and are granted on a monthly basis. If you are interested in learning more and applying, please click here.
Please contact RCI-REACH@rosalynncarter.org for any questions.